top of page

Child Custody Investigations


"My baby daddy ain't paying his child support.” “My husband says he ain't working so he can't pay child support but I know he is lying.” “How can I find out where my kid's father works so I can have his wages garnished?” “My wife thinks she shouldn’t have to pay child support since she is a mom but I have the kids.” “How can I find my baby daddy so he can pay child support?” “How can I get child support from my spouse?” 


We have heard them all. We have helped them all. Let us help you.


Life is difficult as it is but trying to navigate life as a single parent can be even more daunting. Most households require two incomes just to get by these days. When a parent is obligated to help support their child with child support payments, it can be tough when that parent purposely tries to avoid those payments. Even if a parent has remarried, it is still the obligation of the child’s parents to help support their child. Most parents acknowledge their financial obligation to their children and pay their child support payments as ordered. There are some that do anything they can to avoid it. There are some parents that will completely disappear in order to avoid paying their child support payments. Still, others will lie about their income or their employment status to avoid paying. Even if the court garnishes the paycheck of a parent, child support payments can be avoided by not reporting their employment with a company. They may not tell you or the court where they work and that is something that you have to know in order to garnish their paycheck. A parent who has not paid child support or who has been deceptive about their employment will have to pay the amount they have skipped once they or their true employment status is found. If you are having a difficult time locating your child’s parent who is obligated to make child support payments or if your child’s other parent is being dodgy about their employment, call a private investigator at Legal Eye Investigations.  We can scour, skip tracing databases, employ surveillance techniques, interview people, etc. to get the information you need to ensure that you get the child support payments you are owed that you need to take care of your children.

Don't let him/her get away without paying child support. Call Legal Eye Investigations at 410-921-5804.

How Can A Private Investigator Help Me With My Case?


"How can I find out whom my spouse has my kids around?" "My husband does drugs and is not fit to have custody of our children." "Can a private investigator help me get custody of my children?" "How can I find out where my baby daddy is living?"

Determination of custody of a child is usually the most emotionally charged part of a divorce proceeding. Parents will usually do whatever it takes to obtain what they want in a custody agreement. They will lie, cover-up, change their behavior in front of others, almost anything to get what they want. Sometimes all they want is child support when they care nothing about the well-being of the child. Sometimes a parent will do whatever they can to get out of paying child support.

By law, each parent starts on equal footing when a judge is considering a custody

arrangement.  They will use what is called the “best interest of the child” standard.  This allows a judge to consider what the parents want, what the child wants (if they are of a certain age), and how the parents behave to determine the child’s best interest.  Oftentimes, the court will appoint a guardian ad litem to represent the interests of the child.  It’s like a child has their own attorney in the proceedings.  Sometimes, parents accuse each other of behaviors that they consider harmful to the best interests of the child.  Usually, a parent who is accused of harmful behavior will deny the accusations.  If the accused parent has no other proof other than their accusation, the judge will not consider it as a factor in the case. A private investigator from Legal Eye Investigations can help you get the evidence you need to show a judge that your accusations are not just words but facts. 


If you suspect that your child’s other parent is engaged in criminal activity, you will want the court to know. They will certainly deny it so you will need to hire a private investigator to keep an eye on the other parent to attempt to gain evidence of their criminal behavior. Criminals usually hang out with other criminals. A Maryland private investigator can find out whom your child’s other parent is spending their time with and whether or not those people are drug users, drug dealers, sex offenders, child abusers, etc.

Child abuse or neglect can be difficult to prove, especially if the parents aren’t living in the same home. You can hire a private investigator to watch your child’s other parent while they have the child to attempt to gain evidence of any abuse or neglect that you already suspect. For example, if your child is below a certain age, the law requires they be placed in a car seat or booster seat while traveling in a vehicle. Some parents may neglect to do this basic, simple precautionary measure. They will almost certainly deny it so you are going to need proof.


A history of complaints of violence against the other parent is something you are going to want to prove to the judge. A private investigator from Legal Eye Investigations can dig into the other parent’s criminal background.  Maybe even interview people from the past to see if they have a history of violence.


Drug and alcohol abuse is a plague on society and many parents fall prey to it. If you suspect that your child’s other parent is abusing alcohol and drugs, a private investigator can keep an eye on them and see what they do when they go out with their friends or alone. Do they drive while under the influence or intoxicated? Do they pass out on the sidewalk in front of bars? Are they secretly buying drugs at the corner store?

Sometimes a parent will lie or cover up where they are living because they know it will hurt them in a custody proceeding. They may live in a home where the roof is caving in.  There may be garbage and broken glass everywhere. They may live with their boyfriend or girlfriend while saying they have their own place or live with friends or relatives. What about the boyfriend? Is he a criminal? Sex offender? Abuser?


A private investigator can document whether a parent is getting a child to school or daycare on time or picking them up when they are supposed to. Many children have other activities such as dance class or ball practice. Is the other parent getting them to these activities? On-time? Are they picking them up on time?


The morality and conduct of a parent are something that courts will consider in a custody agreement. If your child’s other parent is engaging in behaviors that are considered immoral and harmful to the child, a private investigator can acquire evidence of that.  Commonly, this involves the parent having an affair and bringing the children around the person they are having the affair with. Even more so, if they are affectionate with the other person.


The suitability and acceptability of a parent’s friend and other associates are important to the court. Who your child’s other parent associates with can be a factor when determining custody. Drug dealers, criminals, sex offenders, abusers, etc. are people that you are going to want to know about. If you don’t know whom your child’s other parent spends their time with, a private investigator can find that out for you as well as whether they are someone that your child should be exposed to.


Custody agreement violations

Many custody arrangements require that a parent lives within a certain radius of the other parent unless they get permission from the other parent or the courts to do so. This does not deter some parents from moving outside of that radius. Most times, they will deny that they moved. Sometimes, they will attempt to hide where they really live. A private investigator can check to see if a child’s parent lives where they say they live and, if not, find out where they really do live and where they are taking the child during their visitation. There are some arrangements that require a parent to notify the other parent if they intend to take the child outside of a certain defined area (a county or state or mile radius). Some fail to do so. A private investigator can document this for you to show the court.


Sometimes a custody arrangement forbids a parent from associating with certain people when the children are present. Some custody arrangements forbid a parent from allowing a love interest to stay overnight while the children are present. The arrangement may also forbid a parent from taking the children to the home of a love interest and spending the night. Most often the offending parent will deny anyone stayed overnight or they will deny that the person in question is a love interest. A private investigator can find out if the denials of the other parent are true or false.


There are provisions in some custody arrangements that give the parent who does not have possession of the child a right of first refusal if the other parent attempts to locate someone to watch the children while they do something. This is a provision that is often broken. This is easy evidence for a PI to document.


You only want to protect your children and be sure they are provided for. Legal Eye Investigations can help you gain that peace of mind. Call 410-921-5804. 

bottom of page